1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 Channel Solid State relay board Serial configuration

Discussion in 'Relay Modules' started by Wyatt Rees, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Wyatt Rees

Wyatt Rees New Member

Hello,

I am trying to use LabVIEW to send commands to the 8 channel solid state relay board with an ethernet port, but I am getting an error when using the VISA configure vi:
    "VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource."
    I have configured the device with MAX and it seems to be communicating fine with the computer.

I believe this is because I don't have all the correct parameters set for this board. Right now, I have the following:
    Enable Termination Char: FALSE
    timeout: 2000 ms
    baud rate: 9600
    data bits: 8
    parity: None
    stop bits: 1.0
    Input buffer size: 4096

Are these the correct settings? Please help :)

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Hello Wyatt,

I'm a bit confused as to whether this question is about an Ethernet device or USB device. The settings that you have shared applies only to our USB devices. If that is the case, the settings seem to be correct. But one important item missing here is the Flow Control settings. The Flow Control must be set to "None" or equivalent for our USB devices to work.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Numato Lab

3. Wyatt Rees

Wyatt Rees New Member

Hi Tom,

This is an Ethernet device.

Wyatt

4. admin

Hi Wyatt,

Ethernet communication shouldn't have baud rate, parity etc. Are you sure you are using the correct component for communication? The settings that you have specified are for VISA serial. The Ethernet devices do communicate using TELNET protocol.

Thanks,
    Tom

5. Wyatt Rees

Wyatt Rees New Member

OK, I have coded a vi using the TCP open, write, and close functions, but I am still getting no response from the board. I have a screenshot uploaded below. If you are familiar with labview, could you take a look and identify any possible problems?

Attached Files:

6. admin

Hi Wyatt,

Unfortunately I cannot understand much from the screenshot since I personally don't know Labview much, neither do we have Labview experts here. But I found the following link that discuss about TELNET implementation with Labview. This may be helpful.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370014E-01/internet/telnet_open_connection/
    https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/121937

If you have specific questions about how to use Labview, I recommend contacting Labview customer support.

Have you tried communicating with the device using Teraterm or any other program that supports TELNET? I would start there to make sure that the device is working as expected and then proceed with Labview.

Thanks,
    Tom

7. NoellEagan

NoellEagan New Member

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the settings that you have shared applies only to our USB devices. If that is the case, the settings seem to be correct. But one important item missing here is the Flow Control settings. The Flow Control must be set to "None" or equivalent for our USB devices to work.

pcb assembly

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017