1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't program the Elbert V2 board

Discussion in 'FPGA Boards' started by Rozbojnik, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Rozbojnik

Rozbojnik New Member

I have been using Elbert V2 board for about 1 month and a strange issue appeared recently after I had programmed it using Elbert V2 FPGA Configuration Tool V 1.0. There were no problems before, the board worked very well until yesterday. Now I cannot program it again. When I click the Program button the configuration tool says that it cannot open the port. I have noticed that the Windows system (Win 7 64-bit) does not recognize the board when I plug it in to the USB port. Device manager represents it as an Unknown Device with error 43. I have tried updating the cdc drivers and even uninstalling and installing them again, but it did not work. Finally I plugged the board to another PC and installed the cdc drivers as I did the first time I used Elbert V2 board. That did not work as well, the issue stays the same even on another computer. I have checked the USB cable if it works properly and it does. It seems like it is some hardware failure of the board. There is a picture of the board below.

Attached Files:

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

This is most probably because the code that is programmed to be board pulling the clock input to low/high. Please follow the fix at the link below and the board should work just fine. If there is any difficulty following the code or the fix didn't work, please create a ticket here so we can take a look at provide further directions.

https://github.com/jblang/numatolib/wiki/Unbricking-the-Elbert

Thanks,
    Tom
    Numato Lab

3. Rozbojnik

Rozbojnik New Member

Hi,

I've tried this solution and it worked. Many thanks!