1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FT2232H Breakout Module pinout and breadboard?

Discussion in 'Expansion Modules & Breakout Bords' started by gavenkoa, Oct 14, 2015.

1. gavenkoa

gavenkoa New Member

I looked for FT2232H breakout board and found Numato Lab product http://numato.com/ft2232h-breakout.html

Its pinouts is placed as two adjusted rows. Seems that it can't be just plugged to MB-102 like breadboard.

Are there any standard for such headers? Or it is expected just to plug Female-Male wires?

I am new to EE prototyping so have such stupid question.

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi gavenkoa,

We usually keep the distances between connectors multiple of 2.54mm (100mil) to improve usability with off the shelf bread boards. That being said, I have to personally check if this particular product will fit on a bread board. I'll be back with that information in a day or two.

Thanks,
    Tom

3. gavenkoa

gavenkoa New Member

This breakout possibly allow plugging into 2 breadboards:
    [​IMG]
    But now I start thinking that Dupont pin headers with wires may help with organizing connections:

[​IMG]
    Even when you say that We usually keep the distances between connectors multiple of 2.54mm (100mil) to improve usability with off the shelf bread boards

Thanks for support!