1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Solved] LabVIEW program control

Discussion in 'Relay Modules' started by YLu, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YLu

YLu New Member

I have a USB-relay model, It can work by using HyperTerminal but not work if use LabVIEW serial VISA. I searched NI forum, someone have the similar problem for other products. NI answer shows that the in general case, the manufactory need give the drive for their device depends on the serial communication protocol. Do you have the drive for LabVIEW for relay device?

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

We currently have not published any Labview drivers for our products. But it should be easy to build one yourself if you are familiar with how to access serial ports in Labview. We will publish Labview drivers in the future but currently can not estimate the exact timeframe though.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Numato Lab

3. admin

4. YLu

YLu New Member

It does not work even there is no error massage feedback.
    When I try send "ver" command, it just return "ver\r". not real version information. I tried send "realy on 0", there is no any response. And change back to "ver", also no any response back.
    I am using LabVIEW 2011 version and in win xp

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  5. admin

Since you are able to see the board responding with the ver command back, it means that communication with the board is working fine. What you are seeing is the echo from the the board itself. At this point, only reasons that I can think of why the commands do not execute could be because the time delay is too short or somehow Labview is not sending \r character properly.

Thanks,
    Tom

6. YLu

YLu New Member

Thanks Tom give me very valuable help!
    Now I solve the problem. In Labview string properties setting, I have to use backslash code format. Then Labview will recognize "\r" as carriage return. Otherwise Labview will consider it as regular character. So that's whay it return "ver\r" before.

in order to others may have the same problem with me. I attached the pic show the setting.

Attached Files:

7. admin

Hello YLu,

Happy to hear that the issue is solved. And thanks for sharing the solution with us.

Thanks,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.