1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default boot-up code for factory Elbert V2

Discussion in 'FPGA Boards' started by Tom Maynard, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Tom Maynard

Tom Maynard New Member

I just got my Elbert v2, but as soon as I booted it up I fell in love with that default boot-up program, and all the button functions, etc. Now I don't really want to flash my own code because I don't want to overwrite that lovely code!

Is there somewhere I can find the source -- or even just the bit file -- for that default boot code?

I'd really rather have the source since I could learn so much from it as an FPGA beginner, but I'd gratefully accept a binary image instead. Someday I hope to be able to write something as elegant as that simple "sanity check" demo on my own. Or do you really want me to buy another to play with? :)

Just asking,
    Tom.

2. Alexander Lang

Alexander Lang Member

shahbaaz likes this.
  3. Tom Maynard

Tom Maynard New Member

Thanks, Alex! I grabbed a copy instantly. Now I'm going to build and flash the demo at least once before getting down to serious play.

I've also already discovered that I'll have to know both Verilog and VHDL to get very far along in the FPGA field, at least superficially in the beginning.

4. Tom Maynard

Tom Maynard New Member

I just built and flashed the Elbert v2 Demo program and it worked perfectly. I'm now free to bash away without fear of losing the demo code.

Thanks again, Alex!

5. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi Tom and Alex,

Just attaching a version of the code that is programmed on Elbert v2 in factory. I'm not sure this is teh exact one that is being programmed att he moment, but should be close in terms of features.

Thanks,
    Tom

Attached Files:

6. Tom Maynard

Tom Maynard New Member

The one that Alex found is far more complete (810 KB zipped vs yours at 176 KB). Another link to the larger version is here.