1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Resolved] Dma with Galatea

Discussion in 'FPGA Boards' started by omstation, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omstation

omstation New Member

I am working on a hardware project and I am needing to experiment with DMA. Does the card have the necessary hardware to do x64 DMA on a computer. I have been looking for low cost solutions for this purpose for some time now and it seems that this would be a perfect solution for me.

-omstation.

2. rohith

rohith Administrator Staff Member

Hello!

From the hardware perspective, only PCIe Interface is needed for this requirement. Galatea has PCIe-x1 Gen 1 interface. But you would need to work on the RTL/software aspect of this.

Regards,
    Rohit

3. omstation

omstation New Member

Thanks for the quick response, I have ordered one.

Also, would this be sufficient for jtag programming? Can you program over usb on the board or no?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BBL5ZUQ/ref=ya_st_dp_summary?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ive noticed people having issues with that product and shrowded jtag connectors. If the chip can not be programmed over usb, could you link an alternative programmer?

4. rohith

rohith Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

The link says that the device is compatible with Xilinx's official JTAG hardware. So it should work, although Xilinx strongly recommend using original hardware only.

The USB interface on the Galatea can only be used for USB-Serial communication using FTDI FT232 IC. So it cannot be used for programming.

Only way to program Galatea is to use a JTAG hardware like you linked in the last message.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.