1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Resolved] MimasV2 Vga example not working.

Discussion in 'FPGA Boards' started by Abhijeet, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abhijeet

Abhijeet New Member

I downloaded the sample files from-

https://github.com/numato/samplecode/tree/master/FPGA/MimasV2/mimasV2Demo/src/MimasV2VGA

my UCF file(attached) seems to be correct but there is no output on the monitor.
    one thing that I noticed is that the blue led on the board is on even after the bit file(attached) has been uploaded.
    I uploaded the mimasv2_sample_bin_file.bin file and everything is fine. The blue led is only on when the file is uploading, then it's off.
    but this is not the case with vga example where it is on forever which I think is causing the issue and the output is not displayed on the monitor.
    please help me with a solution.

Attached Files:

• vga.zip
      File size:
      4.1 KB
      Views:
  2. rohith

rohith Administrator Staff Member

Hi Abhijeet,

The fact that blue LED is ON indicates that the bitstream is wrong, and hence FPGA is not able to configure(boot) from it. Can you confirm that you are indeed using .bin file for programming instead of .bit file? For programming using MimasV2 Configuration Tool, .bin bitstream file is required.

Edit: I see a .bit file in your attached zip file. Obviously using that file will not work. Check out our tutorial to find out how to create .bin file https://docs.numato.com/kb/learning-fpga-verilog-beginners-guide-part-4-synthesis/

Thanks!

Abhijeet likes this.
  3. Abhijeet

Abhijeet New Member

I forgot to check Generate Binary Config File option to generate the .bin file. I was uploading the .bit files. it was a silly mistake!
    thanks for your help rohith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.