1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Solved] UCF Files no longer supported?

Discussion in 'FPGA Boards' started by robmurrer, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robmurrer

robmurrer New Member

I recently bought a Mimas V2, and am trying to get some of the sample code to work. I've downloaded the latest Vivado WebPack and am getting a UCF file error:

Code:
    [Project 1-467] UCF constraints are not supported in Vivado (ucf/SaturnExpansionLX45.ucf). Please convert these constraints to XDC and add then add the converted XDC constraints file to the project.

I am not sure if I have downloaded the wrong ISE or what. I am looking at converting the file, but was wondering if you all had a quick solution for me.

Thanks.

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Hello Rob, ucf is indeed not supported in vivado to my understanding, but neither Spartan 6. Xilinx has two software products that is ISE and Vivado. ISE supports all devices up to 6 series devices (including Spartan 6) and Vivado supports only 7 series devices as of now.

So the short answer is, you have downloaded wrong application. At the download page, look for a tab called "ISE". Switch to that tab and download ISE installer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Tom

3. robmurrer

robmurrer New Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.